Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stone Bones

Stone Bones
22" H x 19 1/2" W
(click on image to view)

I bought the highlighted bead in this piece last year, and marveled at the tree that nature had imprinted in the stone. This is my attempt to replicate the scene in fiber.

The branch beads are from bracelets that I bought a few years ago. My local department store was having it annual post-holiday sale, with all costume jewelry marked down at least 50%. Adding a newspaper coupon, I purchased the bracelets for about $3 each. Each bracelet was chock full of the beads...I have plenty left for future projects. This was such a steal, as buying the beads direct would have cost me at least $30. The salesperson commented: "We wondered who would buy the Flinstone bracelets."

2 comments:

Pat Dolan said...

Hi, Ann -
This piece is wonderfully textured and I love the monochromatic color scheme. You did get a great deal on those beads and then you did some wonderful art with them!
Pat

Rachel Murphree said...

What a fantastic piece. I love the original stone, and your interpretation of it. Fabulous!